Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Training Plan Defined

I have been stressing about not having a training plan for the National Marathon in March.   Even though I  have been running with a decent base,  I feel that I am a few weeks behind on long runs and training.  With the race 12 weeks away I have been looking for a plan that will work with my work schedule, provide some variety in workouts and help me target a sub 4Hr race.    I looked around at some different plans but finally settled on a Runner's World Smart Coach plan that I can tweak a bit as I go.   The plan has me running 4 times a week with optional cross training or rest days.   There are a couple of back to back 20 Mile weekly long runs, some good speed and tempo workouts.    The paces are slower than I expected in the default plan.  I will struggle maintaining these slow paces on the  mid distance runs.  I guess I will target negative splits so that I won't get to bored.   So here it is, a new year with a new training plan.  I am committed and excited to start training again. 

No comments :

Post a Comment