Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today's Run - 1/22

I was looking forward to my long run this week, but it started out a little rocky which made me think about turning around after the first mile. Just getting out of the house took me longer than usual, I had prepared my clothes before going to bed with everything but my gloves which were still in the dyer. After getting dressed for my run I looked for my gloves and found that only one had made it from the washer into the dryer. Not a big deal, I have other running gloves but they are not as warm. After eating a bite and filling up my water belt, I headed out the door to temps in the low teens and single digits with the wind chill. I started out on the Piper Paddington Loop and after 1 mile my iPod battery went dead. With 11 miles to go I wondered if I was going to be able to make it through! But all of these issues I can only fault myself for not completely preparing for the run. I quickly worked to put the obstacles behind me and get into my run by breaking down the 12Mile run in smaller chunks. Even without the music the miles clicked away and at about mile 6 I found that one of my water bottle nozzles had frozen in the extreme cold. My other 2 bottle had not frozen over yet, probably because one Gatorade and the other had not been used as much so there was not as much water in the nozzle. I continued to push on, enjoying that this run was done after sunrise. I decided to do an out and back route after the 6Mile mark, and got to do the hills in the opposite direction descending the hills I climbed and climbing the downhills on the way out.

I worked to maintain a ~9:35 pace that was a bit slower on miles with hills. I finished this run up and felt good. I was not too sore but I did feel like I had run a good distance. I can tell that my shoes are coming to the end as my feet are feeling a bit tired after each run. This was a good week of running and I am looking forward to the recovery week this week. I hope to get to the Gym to do some cross training or swimming this week.

No comments :

Post a Comment