Monday, January 31, 2011

Today's Run - 1/31

Although still cold the mornings are warming up and getting lighter earlier. These are great signs that spring is coming. I was out early and happy that I made it through the weekend without catching the flu that others are suffering with.

On tap this morning was a 8 Mile Easy Run at ~10:30 pace. I can't make my self run that slow nor do I have time in the morning, so I started at a 9:30 pace and worked down. I took it easy on the hills and then kicked it up for the last half. The Piper loop has some great hills and I like to run the out and back so that I can have some nice down hill sections. The out mile 2 and back mile 7 are a long slow hill that is down on the way out and up on the way in. This hill is a grinder that you need to manage your pace and perception of effort while climbing. I can tell that I continuing to become a stronger runner as I find that running up this hill is not as taxing even at faster pace.

This was a good warm up for my Tempo Run @ 9:01 this week. My travel was canceled due to storms in the Northeast. I will take tomorrow off and run again on Weds.

No comments :

Post a Comment