Friday, January 7, 2011

New Hottness - NIKE+ GPS Watch

I love my Garmin, well I actually think I love the information that is provided by my Garmin.  I was very intrigued by the Nike+ GPS Watch announcement today because Nike is creating a running platform that could crush Garmin and Timex in capturing the wrist real estate of a runner.

With Nike+ you get a number of options for run tracking management, you can use the iPhone App, iPod and now a GPS watch.   Having all these options in a single platform is going to be very attractive to me.   With the alliance of Nike and Apple, It is not surprising that Nike+ has taken the approach that one Nike+ device is not enough for all your running needs. I would use my Nano iPod and Nike+ foot pod while running on the treadmill inside, the iPod Shuffle and Nike+ GPS watch for running outside, and use my iPhone with Nike+ if I was in a pinch to get a run in and needed be reachable by Cell Phone.   You know that Nike is going to make the styling of the Nike+ very sleak and the intefrace for the run tracking website is going to awesome. 

Am I just looking for justification for more than $1200 worth of Nike+ and Apple gear for a simple sport called running....I will continue to love my Garmin, but the new Nike watch looks pretty sweet.

No comments :

Post a Comment