Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Blog Description Required?

How much running experience do you need to be called a runner? I started this blog to track my running and training efforts as I stared my attempt to become a runner almost two years ago.  A dedicated reader suggested to me that I need to update the summary of my blog, since I am no longer attempting to become a runner, but that I am actually a runner.  I agree that in the last two years I have become a dedicated to running and learned a considerable amount.

I know that I am not a jogger,  but am I a runner?  Runner is a subjective label.  I figure there has to be a checklist I can complete to validate the subjective label.   Something that goes like, you know you are a runner when:
  1. Your weeks consist of a good mix of tempo, speedwork and long runs.
  2. You know how many miles you have put on each pair of shoes.
  3. Your spend more money on running gear than your daily wear.
  4. You think it is OK for men to wear tights in public.... while running.
Subjective or not,  I agree that with my commitment to running, the distances I run, my time investment, and excitement I get from running makes me a runner.  It is time to update my blog description to be something more reflective of the subjective runner label.

No comments :

Post a Comment