Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today's Run - 1/11

I needed to shuffle my training plan this week due to business travel and the threat of significant winter storms in CT.   On my way to the hotel last night I decided to make a quick detour to the local high school near my hotel to see if it was possible that they cleared the track from the last snow storm.  I hoped to be able to use the track for a speed work out, but it was still covered in snow.   As I drove to the school I also examined the roads and sidewalks to see if they clear enough to run on.   I was happy to see that they were fairly clear, so I decided to run the roads this morning and take a rest or cross train on Weds.   We are expecting 15-20 inches of snow Tuesday night into Weds and I don't think I will be able to get out and run.


My legs felt surprisingly rested this morning as I head out on my standard 6Mile out and back route from the hotel.   I was not able to get my speedwork out in, but I did get to run some hills and work on a bit faster pace.  I average just over a 9Min Mile on a snowy, icy, somewhat clear sidewalk.   I did take a spill after 5Miles of careful navigation of the terrain, when I tripped over a frozen snow lump.   I tumbled into a snow plow mound, but luckily no one saw and I was ok.   :)

No comments :

Post a Comment