Saturday, January 8, 2011

Today's Run - 1/8

I got up early to run this morning and it was cold!  There were a few flurries when I started the run and at about 1.5Miles in the snow was coming down good.   By mile 3 the snow had stopped but left a dusting on the grass and roadways.  I was warm and dry in my north face 1/2 zip fleece shirt, gloves and hat but covered in snow.   I ran the last 1/2 of this run without earphones so I could hear the silence of the neighborhood and my feet on the fresh snow.  It was nice to be able to look at my footsteps when my route double backed on itself.  I got to see the stride length and foot strike.  I am happy to see that I am moving from a heal striker to more mid-foot and my alignment is becoming more neutral.  All good form elements that I have been working on, it is nice to see validation.

I was happy to complete my first long run of the training program.  I worked to slow my pace to 9:20 and had even splits with increase speeds at the end.  There were a few splits impacted by hills but overall I was pretty consistent.  I was happy to have a good kick at the end with a sub 9min mile for my last. 

No comments :

Post a Comment