Monday, January 10, 2011

Today's Run - 1/10

An easy 8 Mile run before work was a great way to start out the week.   I am trying to slow my pace and increase my cadence, but I find it hard to do these two things at once.  I find that it is easier to run faster with a fast cadence than to run slow with a fast cadence.  I pieced a 8+Mile route by doing the Piper Paddington Loop, the Scottish Homes and the Q2 Section.

For an easy run this has a lot of hills, which the Runner's World Daily Kick in the Butt seems so appropriate:

"Running hills breaks up your rhythm and forces your muscles to adapt to new stresses. The result? You become stronger.", Eamonn Coghlan, Irish athlete and 3-time Olympian

I am traveling this week again to CT.  There is a risk of significant snow this week, but I hope to run outside.

No comments :

Post a Comment