Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Today's Run - 11/18

I needed to shift my workout schedule again to accommodate for some other things going on in my life. I like the structure of this training plan because it gives me the ability to move some things around.

The winter weather continues to throw curve balls. Overnight we had freezing rain and snow. When I woke up, the rain had stopped so I decided to give it a go since the temps were in the low 30s and it was clear. The roads were in good shape since there was lot of salt left from the last storm. The walking paths had sections of black ice so I ran in the road. The workout planned called for a 9:04 Tempo run and I figured the Paddington loop was a good place to do this. It has good rolling hills but significant sections of flat and it is about 1.25Miles a turn. I had hoped to include a loop around the lake for a bit of scenery but I found the roads by the lake to be covered with black ice.

I hit each of my splits for the 5Miles clocking in from 8:59 to 9:04. Considering I did a pretty long run yesterday my legs felt good as hit these splits. I was happy to see my heart rate stayed in the low 150's and only peak to 162 during one of hill climbs. I started slow and tried to control my breathing which probably also prevented my heart rate from shooting up quickly at the start of my run.

No comments :

Post a Comment