Saturday, January 15, 2011

Today's Run - 11/15

After a week of travel I was happy to be home and do the longest run in a couple months on familiar routes. We had house guests this weekend, so I needed to get my run in early. After staying up later than usual, it was a bit difficult to get up and out of the house before 6am. I had a Gatorade Pro-Series Oatmeal Raisin Prime Bars while getting dressed and filled my hydration belt before heading out. It was still dark and cold when I headed out, and after a 1/4 Mile I was wonder why me hamstrings were not warming up but actually getting colder. I quickly found that one of the water bottles was leaking onto my legs. After resetting the water bottle top to stop the leak, I was able to warm up.

I tried to start this run slow but I just can't seem to do that for to long. I did the first 5Miles between 9:20-9:30 pace on a route with good changes in elevation. I worked to do negative splits for the last 5Miles on the flat loops around the lake. I felt great after completing this run.

The 10Mile long run marks the start of the real distance training for me. After completing this run and 2 Weeks of ~30Miles I am feeling good about my training program.

No comments :

Post a Comment