Sunday, November 28, 2010

Today's Run - 11/28

We went to ACAC yesterday and I did a spin class instead of running. It was great to get back to the Gym. I had forgotten how much of a luxury it is to have a nice place to workout. The spin class was good but not as hard as I remembered, most likely because my legs are overall cardio condition is improved. After the first 15mins of class I started to see the similarities in the class with running. We did tempo work, speed and endurance work. Even with the similarities I found that I still wanted to run, and it took a lot of not to get on a treadmill. I expect that a Tri will be one of my 2011 goals.

The weather has started to transition from the fall to winter. The temperature dropped significantly over night, falling into the low 20's and high teens. I pulled my winter gear out last night and was comfortable running in tights, shorts, long sleeve-tech shirt, hat and headlamp. I was out just before sunrise and it was quiet and dark for my run.

I am starting to build my base of miles in preparation of starting my next training program in early December. I decided to do a 4Mile tempo run at 8:15 pace (~10K pace). The route had some good hills and I did a pretty good job sticking to my pace. I speed up for the last ~1/4 Mile.

No comments :

Post a Comment