Thursday, November 25, 2010

Today's Run - 11/25

We ran the Boar's Head Inn Turkey Trot this morning. Emily ran / walked with Wes in the stroller and I ran with Ella in the jogging stroller. This is the 2nd year in a row we have run this, after a few years off. I am glad this is becoming a tradition again. I really enjoy this race because it is big enough to feel like a race but casual enough to be fun. There both ends of the spectrum of runners, guys blazing sub 6min miles and kids running there first race. The course is challenging with some good hills which makes it a bit more fun for a short race. The CTC and The Boar's Head Inn put on a great show with food and drink.

The weather held up for the race with overhead clouds and temps in the forties. We had to start in the back with all the strollers and it was very tight. Ella and I weaved our way for the first mile and half until the crowd of slow runners / walkers thinned out. With the crowds in the first mile, Ella and I averaged just over a 10Min mile pace. The second mile on the course has significant hills but we cranked up the pace a bit to 9:37. As we started to pass trotters that went out faster than they should we heard comments like "That is embarrassing to be passed by a guy pushing a stroller!". But the best one I heard was "Go Dad!" from a spectator watching Ella and I chase down a group of costumed runners. Ella and I crossed the finish line just under 29Mins after doing the third mile in 8:15.

Here are some pictures of us, enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving.





No comments :

Post a Comment