Sunday, November 7, 2010

Today's Run - 10/7

I got an extra hour of sleep last night because of the end of Day Light Savings Time. It was still in the low 30's when I headed out but it was light. A pretty uneventful run, but I worked on my pace to see to if I could do 5K in under 25mins on the hilly Paddington and Piper Loop. First Mile is a set of rolling hills, the second mile is down hill, and the last mile is a long up hill. I had forgotten that with the shorter races you are working the entire time. Unlike with distance running you can take a break and push harder to make up time. With 5K you have to run fast all the time. I could feel this in my heart rate more than in my legs.

My legs are feeling good as I go into my last week before the race. My right hamstring is a bit tight, but loosens up after a mile or so. I will continue to stretch it this week.

No comments :

Post a Comment