Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today's Run - 11/2

The first run of my taper felt different than many of my Tuesday runs. With 2 full days of recovery since my long run my legs felt oddly light and nimble when I headed out. It was hard not to break into a full sprint to see how fast I could go. I kept hearing coach saying, "Run Easy!" and I was able to control my desire to go all out. I worked again on negative splits starting 1/2 Marathon Pace and heading south from there. The out and back course is down hill for the first 2.5Miles and uphill for the back 2.5Miles. Doing this on negative splits is a good accomplishment.

The fall weather is here and it is great for running! The temps was in the low 30's and I was comfortable wearing shorts, tech shirt, running sleeves and gloves. My only gripe is that it is staying darker longer. I have a good headlamp but mentally I know that I am running in the dark because of the limited long distance visibility.

No comments :

Post a Comment