Sunday, July 18, 2010

Today's Run - 7/18

I could not wait another day to get out and try my new Garmin 405cx. I headed out for a quick recovery run on tired legs from yesterdays long run. I was all geared up like an elite runner with my new GPS watch, water belt and sunglasses. An afternoon run was not ideal as the temperature was in mid 90's which really slowed me down. I ran 2.80 miles in just under 25mins.

The use of the Garmin while running was pretty simple. I setup a number of data fields to cycle through during my run. The data fields show distance and time information, heart rate, avg lap time and progress against a virtual partner. The amount of information was helpful during my run, but I had it set for auto-cycle through the screens which I found a bit annoying. I changed the auto scroll off for my next run. Once I finished my run I found that syncing the device with Garmin Connect is a pretty simple process. The information in the Garmin Connect site is pretty cool. I have setup a goals to capture my weekly distances and frequency of runs. After my first run I am very impressed with entire Garmin device and Garmin Connect features and function.

No comments :

Post a Comment