Saturday, July 17, 2010

Today's Run - 7/17

I headed out to Free Union this morning for a the CTC Marathon Training Team long run. It was a bit tough to get out of the house by 5:30am to get the run site by 6:00am.

Since my long runs have not been that long I was not to prepared for this physically, mentally or with my gear. I did not bring my water belt or gels so I needed to wait to get water at the water stops every 3 miles or so. I had a good breakfast, but a few Gels would have been nice. I will remember to bring the gear next week.

I course out in Free Union is very hilly mix of paved and gravel roads. The scenery is unbelievable mountain views in the heart of horse country. I enjoyed having a new track to run, even if the changes in elevation made it very challenging.

The weather was cool but very humid. I was surprised on the amount water that was trapped in my shirt and shorts at the end of the run. I was completely drenched to the point that my shoes squished when I ran.

I was working to have a slower pace for my longer run and the hills made that easily. There were two routes to choose from a 13mile or 10mile loop. With my limited mileage in the past few weeks I decided to take the 10mile path. I needed to walk about a mile of this, but overall I was happy to get out for a long run again.

No comments :

Post a Comment