Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Today's Run - 4/13

I started my last week of running before the race this morning with a 3Mile run. This was an easy run and I found it odd running such a short distance. During my training I found that mentally preparing to run long distances was more challenging than the physical act of running. This morning i was getting into the grove when it was time to stop.

The excitement for the Boston Marathon experience to begin is mounting. I am getting emails from the race organizers about the race activities. Family, friends and co-workers are reaching out and offering support. People ask if I am getting nervous about the race. So far I am not nervous, just anxious in anticipation. I am confident in my training and expect it has prepared me to run this race. I am curious how the crowd of runners and spectators will affect me, how the event is organized, and the feeling of finishing the race. This going to be a great experience, that I can't wait to get started.

No comments :

Post a Comment