Friday, April 30, 2010

Thinking about running....

I shared this quote from John Bingham, running writer and speaker, with a friend who recently started running.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Her response was as powerful as the original quote about why running is great.

"I like it because I can do it alone, I have my music to drown out all of the thoughts in my head - and sometimes I'll even pop out one of the headphones so I can hear my feet on the dirt and know that I am moving forward. Sounds weird I guess, but for me, right now, it's good."
- A Runner

I got the orginal quote from Runner's World daily kick in the butt newsletter.

No comments :

Post a Comment