Saturday, April 10, 2010

Today's Run - 4/10

I headed out today on the final long run of my Boston Marathon training program. The weather was absolutely perfect, high 30's and sunny with little wind. I pieced together a route that had a number of changes in elevation. I can tell my training has prepared me to charge up and down hills. I found that I caught and passed multiple other runners today.

I found it difficult to maintain a steady pace on this run. With all the elevation changes it is difficult to maintain a completely steady pace but I was feeling tired from my travels this week. I am still struggling with pre-run nutrition for longer runs. I can tell that nutrition / meals before running is affecting my performance and need to figure out something better. This morning I tried out Sport Beans. I found these to be easier to eat on the run than some other sport gels.

No comments :

Post a Comment