Saturday, April 17, 2010

Boston Day 2

A wicked awesome day in Boston today! Even though the weather was not great, Emily and I were able to get out and around town pretty well.  We started the morning with a Dunkin' Doughnuts and a walk to the race expo to pickup my race packet.   We walked along the race route and came across the teams building the finish line structures.   They had closed off the road to traffic and we were able to take some great photos.



From the finish line we walked to the Haynes Convention Center and the number of runners and the excitement in the air grew.  I picked up my packet with my Bib# and headed into expo to see what we could find.


After finishing at the race expo, we headed out to Hopkinton to the Michael Carter Lisnow Respite Center BBQ.    We stopped at the starting line first.


At the BBQ we met up with my other charity team members and presented our donations to the center.  We raised over $120K as a team!


After the BBQ we drove the Marathon course back to Boston so that I could get a feel for the route and Heart Break Hill.  Like I said, a wicked awesome day!

1 comment :

  1. Love the pics Doug, you will memories that will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete