Saturday, October 9, 2010

Today's Run - 10/9

The CTC Marathon Training Team headed to Free Union for our run this morning. It was cool and very dark this morning as we headed out. The group got split up a bit because the Buck Mountain Half Marathon was also using the route for the race. I headed out a lone and ran the first 10miles by myself. I worked at starting out slow and gaining speed. The first few miles of the route are all down hill, the second half of the course is all up hill. After 10miles I linked up with another runner for the next 11miles. It was much easier running this hilly track with someone to pass the time. We worked at a pretty good pace considering the changes in elevation.

My legs felt pretty good up to the last mile or so. I was able to mentally stay with the run and my legs did not cramp. I drank lots of water last night and during my run which I think really helped. I found that I was very hungry at about mile 17 even though I ate a good breakfast and had sport beans / chomps during the run. I will need to continue to work on my nutrition to ensure that I have enough energy to complete the runs without cramping.

This was a strong run and one that I have been worried about completing.

No comments :

Post a Comment