Saturday, October 30, 2010

Today's Run - 10/30

Last long run of my training program today. With all my reading about the "Wall" lately, I wanted to make sure that I was well carbo loaded. I picked up some Gatorade Pro Series Prime Carbo Drink and had one on Friday and one with breakfast. I also packed a few extra GUs just in case I got hungry or needed a pickup late in run.

I decided to run the C'Ville 10 Miler Course and use the UVA Track to get my 22Miles in. I started out slow working to do negative splits. This worked out well for the first loop through the 10 Miler course, but the second loop was a bit slower. The hills on the second half of course really took their toll on me.

I worked on my GU use trying to use it every 50mins or so. I drank lots of water and a little bit of powerade.

Running the C'Ville course was a lot of fun because it takes you through campus and around town. The football fans were out tailgating by 7:30 and I saw people drinking beer by 8am. I was able to circle the Stadium 3 Times and as I finished my run I passed streams of fans heading to the stadium for kick off.

It is hard to believe that the training is over, I am 2 Weeks out from the Marathon. I feel like I am a stronger runner now than starting and look forward to the race. I hope that I am able to remain healthy as I work through my taper.

No comments :

Post a Comment