Saturday, August 28, 2010

Today's Run - 8/28

The weeks long run was out at White Hall, which is also the track for the 3 Bridges Marathon. There are three one lane bridges, hence the name. This is a very scenic track that runs along side a river and up to the Charlottesville Reservoir. The loop takes you down from the White Hall Vineyards to the river bottom and the out and up to the top of the Damn of the reservoir, then back down to the bottom of the river and out and back Sugar Hollow Road. This is a challenging course to say the least.

I was pretty happy with my run, although I was probably running to fast in miles 3-9. I was running with someone training for a 1/2 Marathon for those miles and his pace was a bit faster than my targeted pace. I am still coming up a bit short on my long runs but I am closing the gap by 1/2 a mile each week. I expect after next week I will be on plan.

I felt pretty good after this run, a little bit of calf soreness but overall not to bad. I think that I need to work on my pre-long run meals. The Banana, English Muffin and Peanut Butter is not holding me all the way through. I am eating Sport Beans / GUs while running, but I think that I am waiting to long or not eating them frequently enough.

No comments :

Post a Comment