Saturday, August 21, 2010

Today's Run - 8/21

Long run with the CTC Marathon Training Team in Keane, VA. I was up and out of the house by 5:40 this morning for for a 30Min drive to Keane. I received my training program on Friday and learned that I needed to do 13-14miles with this long run. I was expecting to do 12, so I needed to get my mind around it.

When I started running, I felt great and started out pretty fast with ~9mins pace. I really need to work on starting out slower at something more like a 9:45min pace. I was able to hold this pace for the first 7miles. At 7miles stopped for a drink and then turned around to run the loop backwards. I am always surprised that my feet feel like lead when I start running again after a break. It took me 1/2 a mile to start feeling normal again. Running the loop in reserve made it seem like I was running up hill for the last half of the run which impacted my pace. I was definitely running out of gas in the last few miles.

Considering this was my longest run in sometime I am happy with the effort and results.

No comments :

Post a Comment