Monday, August 23, 2010

Today's Run - 8/23

I switched up my running program this week to do my first run on Monday vs Tuesday.  I want to play poker Monday so I figured it would be best to get the run out of the way.

My first tempo run felt great!  This morning was a simple 2 min on 2 min off after a 2 Mile warm up.  I am really working on starting very slow and it was painful to run the first 2Miles in 18:50.  I was surprised how I felt after a the warm up and getting into the tempo splits.    I find it hard to run slow and will continue to practice.

This was the first time that i have used the Garmin for more than just distance and time activities. I liked having the different screens to show current split duration and distance to help with the splits. I had some issues with the Lap Button on my Garmin but overall it was a huge help during the run.  I need to spend some time to create tempo workouts so that I don't need to do tempo repeats and durations in my head.

No comments :

Post a Comment