Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today's Run - 2/3

A perfect storm of things to disrupt my training program today; Snowy weather overnight and early meetings prevented me from getting out to run in the morning. I was able to get to ACAC for a run in the evening. There is a big difference for me running after a long day vs running in the morning. During the day I felt out of sorts and not able to deal with stress in the same manner. It was hard to get going on my run, which was made worse because I was on a dreadmill for most of it.

My plan was to do a 6+ mile run on the treadmill. The gym was packed with people and they all seemed to want the running treadmills. I was able to get a treadmill and ran 3.5Miles in 30mins. I then had to give it up due to a line of people waiting for access to the treadmills. I then jumped onto the indoor track that requires 14Laps for 1mile.... you guessed it! I did more than 35 laps to finish off my run. I found that after running in circles for that distance I was really tired of turning right and my feet were sore from the different strike pattern of due to constant turn stride of the small track circumference. The run took me ~55mins to complete.

I plan to run on the treadmill in the evening again tomorrow. Luckily it is only 3miles and I can do that in less than 30mins.

No comments :

Post a Comment