Sunday, February 21, 2010

Today's Run - 2/21

Today's run was a mental and physical challenge which I am happy that I completed successfully. Today's 15mile run was the longest run I had ever done and it was tough. The mid 50 degeree weather was perfect for a run and there were a number of runners out training for the upcoming 10Miler. The 10Miler course was fairly cleared from snow but the surrounding landscape still had plenty of snow on the ground and in places snowbanks of 3-5Ft.

I really fell off my pace in the later miles. I tired to find down hills for the last 5 miles to test my legs and ability to run downhill. I can tell the hills of Boston are going to be a significant challenge. I will continue to work on running downhill on tired legs next 16mile run.

I am going to enjoy the rest day tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment