Sunday, February 14, 2010

Today's Run - 2/14

With the travel and difficulties getting to run this last week I was excited for my long run this morning. Work issue have plagued me all weekend and I was barely able to escape to get this run in. The snowy weather from the past few days has left clear crisp weather with ~2FT snow on the ground. The roads are cleared and overall it was a great morning for a run. I was not the only one in the neighborhood who wanted to get out, I past a number of folks out for morning runs.

My route this morning had a number of up and down elevation changes. I worked on pushing hard to the top of the hills and running down. The unknown Boston course continues to weigh on my mind. I look at the elevation changes and they don't seem to much different from what I run on a normal day. I hope that my training will prepare me physically and the mental aspects I will have to deal with on race day.

I know I am getting stronger in my running. My pace continues to improve on the shorter runs and on the longer runs my average pace is staying consistent with splits in the low 9mins. I am hopeful that race day adrenaline will help me break an average 9min pace.

No comments :

Post a Comment