Saturday, January 23, 2010

Today's Run - 1/23

My long run this weekend did not seem that long compared to previous weeks. It was nice to get a little bit of a break.

I decided to run the C'Ville 10Miler course backwards starting from the downtown mall. I only needed to do 7 miles so I cut the course short by not going onto campus, and just coming straight down the UVA corner and back downtown. Unfortunately this cut ~4miles off the course and I needed to improvise a bit to get the last mile in.

I was happy with this run. My training is starting to show in my endurance and strength. I was able to continue with my sub 9min pace. I found that the hills were worse running this course backwards, especially the hill on Grady heading towards Rugby.

So far I continue to run with out any injuries. My legs are holding up pretty well and the only thing that is sore after the long runs appears to be my feet. I expect my paranoia of getting hurt will increase as I get closer to race day.

No comments :

Post a Comment