Friday, January 22, 2010

More thoughts on Boston

I am debating if it is better to know everything or very little about the challenge that lies ahead of me in Boston. Every article I read points out how hard the last half of this race is going to be. Running the downhills is apparently going to be as difficult as running up the hills. I hope the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains will be a good training ground to prepare.

I can't help but read everything I come across about running Boston. With every article I read about how hard it is, their is a theme of how great the race is going to be. The huge number of people and the adrenaline are going to create an environment like no other. The more info the better, I hope to use the information to realistic expectations for my race.

My real goal is to finish in a sub 4hr time and my stretch goal is to finish with a sub 9min pace. My current training results show that a sub 4Hr finish is obtainable. I hope that my training and expectations provide me a foundation to enable me be successful in meeting these goals. Who knows maybe I am just sandbagging and will break 3HR:50Min... anyone want to bet?

No comments :

Post a Comment