Saturday, January 16, 2010

Today's Run - 1/16

I decided to move my long run up a day to take advantage of the great weather.   When I headed out it was just above 32 with clear skies and little to no wind.   As I ran the temperature rose to about 45 degrees.   Definitely the best running weather in a while. 

There we lots of runners out today.  It looked like the local track club started a training class for the 10Miler.   It was fun to see all the runners out and pushing through new challenges.   I saw few people I know, I always seem to run at bit taller and in a smoother form when I see others.   We passed each other and gave the runners wave and smile of encouragement. 

Today's run felt good and I hit the C'Ville 10Miler course again.   This track has become pretty regular in my training routine, and  I have broken this loop down into easier manageable pieces.   The first section is around the stadium and campus.   The second section takes you out of campus and then to and through the downtown mall.   The third section is a neighborhood and then back to the downtown mall and then up towards The UVA Corner.   Once you hit The Corner you are pretty much home,  just around campus and back to the parking lot.  10 miles is easy when you break it down in to a number of more manageable sections.   Not knowing how to break the course up in my mind will be a definite challenge for Boston.

I am mot sure what happen with the Runkeeper mapping, but it had some issues tracking the last 1/2mile of the run.  I tried to fix it through the website but it is not exact.

No comments :

Post a Comment