Sunday, September 13, 2009

Today's Run - 9/13

This morning was a great day for an early run. Emily and I walked with Ella in the stroller a little before I started my run to stretch and warm up. We were visiting my parents in Springfield, and I was able to explore my old neighborhood on my ~5mile run. It was fun to run down memory lane, seeing the houses of childhood friends and wonderinger what they were doing now.

The terrain was much different from my normal tracks, with steeper and longer elevation changes and parts with short trail runs. The elevation changes definitely impacted my overall speed, but I was happy to finish 5miles in less than 1hr. Overall it was a good way to start the morning, and this distance makes me confident that I will not have any issues with the 10K next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment