Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Running in the Dark

My early morning runs provide a quiet, cool and relaxing time to bang out a few miles. The mornings are getting darker as we move farther into the fall seasons. The dark morning makes it difficult to see and to be seen. I am running in a residential area that has a limited early morning traffic at the times I am on the road. I try to stay on the neighborhood trails to make sure I am not in the road but I would like to find reflective items to wear to ensure others can see me.

I am thinking that the
Jogalite Cross Training Reflective Leg bands might do the trick. A friend reminded me that the goal is to not get hit, so she suggested the fashionable Nathan Streak Reflective Vest.

I am going to keep looking around for the right mix of function and fashion to make sure that I can be seen while running in the dark.

No comments :

Post a Comment