Monday, December 13, 2010

Training Plan Please

I need to work to build my training plan for the National Marathon in March 2011. I have about 16Weeks until race day. I feel like I am building a base with a good frequency of runs but I am concerned that I am not getting in the required mileage.

I have started to look for training plans and there are a few out there that are pushing the norm of 20+ mile runs. There is a good article in running times about the approach of the Hanson-Brooks Distance Project in Running Times. The idea behind this training program is to build stamina through tough and fast workouts on limited distance. This may work with my schedule and help focus me on speed work.

I will continue to look and build a schedule that will have me in serious training by early Jan.

No comments :

Post a Comment