Sunday, November 8, 2009

Today's Run - 11/8

We had great weather today for a run. The temps where unseasonably warm in 70's and the sky was absolutely clear. I set out thinking this run would be a continuation of the runs I had this week, but I was wrong. The first 9miles were fine and I felt like I was running a good pace. Once I hit 9.5 miles and I realized I had 2.5miles to go without water it was mentally hard to continue. I was able to muster out the last 2.5miles, but barely on my tired legs and frazzled mental state. Looking back on this run I think what made it so difficult was that I modified my course to add miles to where I typically had stopped running and these had a 90ft change in elevation. While I was running the last part of this run was the first times I had any doubts about the race next weekend, but after completing the run I feel better and remain excited about the race next weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment