Thursday, November 12, 2009

Today's Run - 11/12

No workout today or tomorrow as I rest for the race on Saturday. I am feeling pretty good, but I am still recovering from a slight head cold. I can tell that I am already getting anxious to run because I jogged to mailbox this evening to get the mail.

Tomorrow will be an exciting day packed with work, travel to Richmond and pre-race day activities. I will work from home in the morning, pack at lunch time and head to Richmond in the late afternoon. Emily and I will head downtown to the Expo and pickup my race packet. We will then go to Maggiano's at Short Pump for dinner, followed by some shopping and then checking into the hotel.

I am sure that I will learn many things this weekend about running this type of race. I expect to fumble through my race warm ups and feel uncomfortable in runners corral waiting for the race to start. With all my training behind me there is nothing left but to run the race. I will be excited to finish this race and take what I learn to my next race.

1 comment :