Sunday, November 1, 2009

Today's Run - 11/1

The weather today was terrible, rainy and cold, when I got up this morning. I decided it would a good training opportunity to run outside. I figured you never know what the weather is going on race day so I better get out there and see what it is like to run a long way in the rain. I needed to run 11miles today, so I put on my weather gear and headed out to run the C-Ville 10Miler course and then extend it by a mile. I did not find running in the rain to be that bad. I had on a hat and rain proof jacket which kept me warm and dry. Under the conditions I was very happy with my pace. Unfortunately I had an equipment malfunction at mile 6 which rendered my GPS tracking software useless. I did not check my progress during my run until I was what I figured was mile 10. I was surprised to see that it thought that I had only run 6miles. I continued with my run and just guestimated what another mile would be to get me to ~11miles.

Once I got home I sent an email to the guys at Runkeeper and received a response in less than 30mins! The initial diagnosis of the problem is that the GPS function on my iPhone failed either due coverage, bug in the app or bug in the phone. Not much I can do about it now expect use the website to edit my path manually. No time do that right now, so I will have to get to it later. Even with this issue I am still happy with the runkeeper app and my experience with the support team.

No comments :

Post a Comment