Saturday, September 18, 2010

Today's Run - 9/18

For today's run I ran the Pepsi 10K Run to support the Special Olympics. I did a 2 Mile warm up run before the race to stretch and to get some extra miles in for the week. I was in a time crunch to meet the family for a birthday party, so I decided not do an extra cool down mile after the race.

My target for the race was to be under 50Mins, as I thought a 6min improvement over last year would be a good showing. I was not supposed to run all out for this race, but once I got in the groove it was hard not to push. I probably started to fast, but was able to run negative splits for the first 3Miles. Mile 4 was a difficult stretch but I was able to regain my composure and run negative splits for miles 4-6. I pushed hard in the last mile 1.2Miles to finish in 47:55.

This was 8mins faster than my last year race, and a new 10K PR!

No comments :

Post a Comment