Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Today's Run - 6/29

This morning I was able to take Ella to ACAC. Ella hung out in the kid zone and I hit the treadmill. I needed to run 2miles all out as part of the registration for the Charlottesville Track Club Marathon Training Program I am thinking about joining. In thinking of this challenge I set my goal at something better than two 8min miles. Short distance sprints are not something I have really worked on in my training. I typically work on distance and maintaining even splits. I did not really know what to expect when I started to crank out the treadmill.

As I got into the run, I found myself pushing the speed up in steady increments. As I started to close in on 2 miles I was also closing in on 15mins. I pushed hard to beat the 15min mark but finished at 15:10. I think I can break 15mins, it will give me a good goal to work on in the coming months with speed workouts.

No comments :

Post a Comment