Sunday, June 27, 2010

Today's Run - 6/27

Today was my first run since the birth of my son, Wes. I have been itching to get out to run even with the limited / interrupted sleeping situation at the hospital. Emily gave me the green light for a run,I was not able to get out in the morning, but I was able to get a run this afternoon. I headed out about at 5pm and it was hot! With the heat index the temp was in the high 90's or low 100's. The temperature definitely affected my pace, but I was able to get in ~4.5miles in 45mins. I stopped a local store to get a Powerade about 3/4ths the way through to replenish my fluids because I did not have my water belt with me.

While walking around the hospital the past few days, I have been practicing some of Chi Running techniques. The walking practice was great because I had a good feel for it when I headed out for my run. On this run I worked on pealing my feet of the ground during my stride and keeping my back straight with a slight lean. I have found that the small tweaks and changes of Chi Running have affects on the way I feel during the run and even my legs after the run.

RunKeeper did a great job today. The music started when I started my run, it tracked my pace and distance well. I hope that this the start of a nice trend as it is nice when it works as advertised. I like most of the new additions to the new RK website. The combined graph showing pace, elevation, and duration is a nice addition and the new look and feel are nice. I am hoping that they add the ability to modify the previously defined routes and making routes from a previous activity. There is an issue with the embedded map feature which has not been resolved in the last 3days. I hope the embedded maps will be resolved soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment