Friday, June 25, 2010

Runkeeper... do you even know where am I?

Recently I have struggled with the Runkeeper application. I have been a Runkeeper user for almost a year and worked with the BETA team to evaluate new releases. There is a lot to be excited about with the Runkeeper application but as with much in life, I am pondering if you get what you pay for with this application. Things I like about Runkeeper are that it is cost effective, starting to get a good following / community and it is building its features rapidly. The most critical feature of app is the GPS tracking and as of late this has been the weakest performing feature in the app. I have see disparity in the distances recorded and actual distances of runs. I have also had issues with the app crashing, stop tracking my distance during a run, and not starting the selected music playlist during an activity.

Based upon these issues I am evaluating getting a Garmin Forerunner 405CX. Runkeeper recently released a new version with support for iPhone IOS4. I will give it a couple weeks and decide.

No comments :

Post a Comment