Sunday, March 7, 2010

Today's Run - 3/7

The first day of spring like weather in a long time and it was perfect for a long run. I was scheduled to 12 today but the weather and the missed runs this past week tempted to me to run longer. I did a little of 13 miles in 2hrs. The 4hr mark for Boston is going to have a razor thin margin of error. I hope the next few weeks of training prepare me well.

My legs were well rested as I started out. There were many runners out and I spotted one about a 1/4 mile ahead of me and I decided to see if I could catch him. I was happy to catch him in about a mile and just as I was feeling like an accomplished runner the UVA track team swarmed in and past us both! I figured I would try to pace with them for a bit, but luckily they turned right at an intersection that I needed to go left. I guess I will have see if I can hang with them some other day!

It felt great to get a long run under these conditions and I can't wait for spring to come for good. The week ahead looks like there may be some rain.

No comments :

Post a Comment