Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today's Run - 3/14

Today's Run was the longest distance I have attempted and I was curious how I would feel towards the end of the run. I missed my 16Mile run a couple weeks ago and I headed out this morning into uncharted territory for my running.

I ran the C'Ville 10miler course as the primary route for this 18Mile adventure. The weather was cool and light rain as I started my run. There were many runners out running the same route in preparation for the 10Miler Race on April 3. There were a 2 groups of runners that passed me on the first round of the loop. I tried to shake it off and run my own pace but I must admit I did not like getting caught and passed. I finished 10miles in ~1:30mins again and plan to set a goal for sub 1Hr:28min for the C'Ville 10Miler Race. The next 8miles were a challenge and my pace fell off sharply after 13miles and I finished the next 8miles in 1Hr:26min. I modified the last 8miles to find hills with up and down hill slopes to prepare me for Boston. Around mile 15 the rain started to clear, the wind picked up and the sun began to show.

Although my overall pace was not what I wanted; I felt good after finishing the run. I have confidence that I can do 20miles in 2 weeks and that my training will prepare me for the ultimate challenge of 26.2miles.

I had some issues with Runkeeper during today's run. The application lost GPS tracking at ~6miles and was not able to track my run after that point. I continued to let it time my run through 10miles and restarted it for the last 8miles. This is the second time this has happen in almost the same location. The application team says they think it is an issue with iPhone GPS not their app. I tend to agree with them because I needed to restart the iPhone wireless connections to resolve the issue. I have come to depend on this application and I like the many features but it is really frustrating when it does not work properly.

No comments :

Post a Comment