Saturday, December 5, 2009

Today's Run - 12/5 - C'Ville Men's 4 Miler

I braved the weather and ran the C'Ville Men's 4 Miler this morning! The weather all week has been warm and nice, but not for the run this morning. I woke up to 40 degrees with a constant rain. By race time is was in the low 30's and rain, mid race it was mix of rain and snow and right after finishing it was snowing with accumulation on the ground.

The 4 Miler Course is a nice rolling track that starts out pretty much all down hill for the first 2 miles. You then turn around and run up the hill you just came down. I started the race a very good clip and ran the first 2miles in ~15mins. I was not able to keep that pace for the last 2 miles unfortunately, but did finish in ~32mins. I am pretty happy with my race, but would have liked to be more consistent in my pacing.

I over dressed despite the cold wet weather. I think that the last mile was hard because I was getting over heated in my rain jacket. I wore my new shoes for the race and was very happy with the familiar feel of the ASICS.

No comments :

Post a Comment