Monday, December 21, 2009

Today's Run - 12/12 through 12/21

We went on our yearly family cruise this past week. I was excited to run in the port cities of Charleston, SC and Key West FL.

I while at sea I ran on the treadmills in the gym. I did attempt to run the outer deck the first day, but found the wind was too variable to make it possible. I did a mile on the deck track and then decided to go inside and run on the treadmill.

The Charleston run was excellent! The weather was perfect for running, clam and cool. I ran through the historic battery, Broad Street and the old Market. The historic houses were fun to see, and the it was a great time. Unfortunately the Runkeeper GPS application seemed to have some issues and did not capture my route completely.




I was not able to run in Key West because I caught a stomach bug and was isolated in my cabin for 24hrs. After being freed from isolation, it took me another day to feel like I recovered enough to run. I ran on 12/18 and again on 12/20 in the ship Gym.

I finished up my last run on the cruise with a leg and back massage. I really need to stretch my calves more and the masseuse had to work them out pretty good.

No comments :

Post a Comment