Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Today's Run - 6/13, 6/15

A good running week so far. The weather has been cool, clear and relatively pleasant for running. I have been getting out pretty early but still after sun rise. I have enjoyed some the picturesque views around the golf course and mountain backgrounds. In the recent weeks I started focusing much more on my form and foot strike cadence. In these recent runs I worked on keep a solid parallel torso with a strong core and relaxed shoulders. I found after these runs that my core muscles are sore. The constant checking of my form during runs has lead me improve my overall posture while sitting or standing because I have become more aware of my overall body position. On the cadence front, in the last year I have steadily worked to improve my cadence from the mid 80's spm to 90 spm. I have noticed that I am able to rev up my foot strikes when climbing hills, maintain a constant strike pace on flat, but my strike pace can fall off when I am running down hill. I think that down hill foot strike pace slows down because I am resting on the downhills which tends to lead to heal strikes and slower foot speed. I need to work on recouping on downhills while letting gravity do its work.

My left foot is feeling better, I would say it is at 90%. It is still a bit tender, at it worse in the morning when I just get out of bed. I don't think it is plantar faciatis because I don't have any heal or mid arch sole pain. The tenderness is still at the base of the 2nd and 3rd proximal phalanges and the metatarsal bones. I seem to be on the mend, as the overall tenderness is decreasing week by week and the overall discomfort has not kept me from running.

I am signed up for the C-Ville's Men's 4 Miler on Sunday. I have not really been training for it but I think my mileage base has me in a good spot for this. I am excited to run this new course and as always it is cool to see the family cheer me on.


No comments :

Post a Comment