Thursday, May 26, 2011

Today's Run - 5/23 & 5/26

This week has been a difficult running week. My left foot continues to be a bit sore, but is recovering. The new shoes are working out pretty well, I like the cushioned ride and foot strike position of the Brooks Adrenaline. One thing that I have noticed about these shoes is that they are not as responsive to turning as other shoes. At times I feel like I am turning like an aircraft carrier vs a speed boat. The sturdy forefoot shoebox provides a good platform for even foot strikes at the expense of the nimble response.

I had a short run on Monday that was pretty uneventful.


Aside from struggling with a sore foot, I had a difficult work week with travel which caused me to miss my Weds run. I was anxious to get out for a run this morning. I decided to run the Piper Loop and then back through the new section of Q2. I ran this route in the opposite direction from previous runs which required a number of hill assents. There were a number of runners out this morning but I did not see anyone on the new section of Q2. I enjoyed the peaceful isolation and the views of this route.

After the run, my foot was a bit sore but overall not to bad. I will continue to ice it and drop my mileage this week to aide with recovery.

No comments :

Post a Comment