Saturday, May 14, 2011

Today's Run - 5/14

After a number of weeks on the road, I was happy to get back to my local routes. It was a cool, humid, hazy morning but not bad for a run. I went out in search of hills and strung together the Paddington loop and the Q2 section. They have paved the new construction road in Q2 which provided a picturesque views with no houses, people or cars to worry about. It was an awesome part of the run and look forward running this piece of the route again.

This run also marked the initial run on my new Brooks Adrenaline Shoes. These shoes feel a bit more neutral, or at least seem to keep my feet aligned parallel with my body better than the ASICS 2150's. From the initial run in these shoes I think these will help with my continued transition to a mid-foot strike. I am a bit sore in my quads from the different landing position, but it is a good sore.

For the last week or so my left foot has been a bit sore on the forefoot under the medial 2nd and 3rd proximal phalanges. I will continue to ice and practice the mid-foot strike to see if I can reduce the soreness. This started before the new shoes so I can't blame it on the new shoes.... but perhaps the old shoes are the culprit. This is the first possible running injury I have had, so I will continue to monitor.

No comments :

Post a Comment