Saturday, March 12, 2011

Today's Run - 3/12

The last long run of my spring marathon training campaign and I headed back to the UVA Park, UVA Track and the C-Ville 10Miler for this weeks long run. I can't say that I was feeling confident for this run after last weeks long run. It was a hard week at work so my mental state for this run was not in the best frame. I decided to try and sprinkle in a few miles around the park and track before heading out onto the 10Miler course. I did this so that when I finished up with the 10Miler I would be more than 50% done with my run. I found completing the 10Miler and still having 10miles to go a difficult aspect of the run last week. I found that adding these extra miles in kept me mentally engaged in the finishing miles. Overall not the fastest pace, but inline with the training plan.

I worked on the timing of my GUs and found that eating at 5.75Miles, 11.5Miles and 17Miles was very good. For race day I will plan GUs at 5.75Miles, 11.5Miles, 17Miles, 21Miles to help me get through the wall.

I am glad that this run is over so I can start to concentrate on resting and preparing mentally for the race.

No comments :

Post a Comment