Sunday, May 9, 2010

Today's Run - 5/9

After running the Montalto Challenge yesterday I found that I really wanted to run some more today.  I had hoped to get my first long run in since Boston, but instead I brought Ella along in the running stroller.   This gave Emily a chance to enjoy a quiet house while she got ready for our mother's days activities.  

Emily help me tuck Ella in the stroller with a blanket, a sippie cup for milk and one for water.   We wave to Emily as we headed out on the sunny, breezy and cool morning for a run.   Ella enjoyed the view from stroller while I ran behind her, we chatted a bit and waved at other walkers and runners.   I took Ella on my typical route around the neighborhood, and out to the equestrian center.  I got some great pictures of Ella and the horses that came over to the horse fence rail when they saw us approaching.   It was fun to stop and see how Ella reacted to these big animals.  I typically run alone, but it was a awesome to have Ella with me to share the run with.  

The stroller did not hinder me to much, if anything the stroller helped me keep a short stride and work on landing on my mid-foot.   The down hills were pretty easy and the up hill pushes a little bit harder.  For our first run with the stroller I think we kept a pretty good pace of ~9min/mile.

No comments :

Post a Comment